What an interesting day so far!
So after I left the apartment LATE headed to morning worship filled with sour thoughts about not liking the food, accommodations, being away from friends and family, missing births of children and everything else important to me, I walked in on a worship that shared the role of Joshua and the scouts into Jericho. I was so overwhelmed with a bevy of emotions both positive (about what God wants to do through me and the need for good morale among God's people) and negative (missing home and people and sadness) that I began to cry uncontrollably. The more people that asked if I was okay, was the more I wept uncontrollably. My peers surrounded me and prayed with me and sang to me. I love them...I really do...and I love the way they rally around each other. It's amazing that 2 weeks ago, I knew not a ONE of them. I suspect this won't be the last time that I cry or even have these sorts of feelings but I am not going to side-step the vulnerabilities and the emotions that come with them.
In other news, I've been placed at the Sang-Do Institute in Seoul, South Korea. God is funny and loves Trinidadian people to place the guy from San-F'do in Sang-Do. I thank Him for loving me in spite of me...
WOW! It will get better, Wendell! You can/will do this! Everything and everyone important to you will be here for you when you return! Something to look forward to! :)
ReplyDelete