Monday, October 24, 2011
Reflections on the john...
Early morning thought. It becomes clearer and clearer to me why many adults will not receive salvation. It is very difficult to change the older you get. It is increasingly difficult to accept instruction from others, especially when you are set in your own ways (and like those old ways), when instruction comes from someone you deem inferior to you (because of age, education or experience) or you have become marvelously comfortable with the routine and expectations of your life just the way it is. A person truly has to WANT and be able to EMBRACE change and that is not easy the older you get unless a person is committed to humility and absolute SELFLESSNESS. That isn't for everyone and I am absolutely terrified of being one of those people. God knows I see those traits in myself already...what a stubborn ass I can be, and all this came from using the toilet (and refusing to toss the toilet paper).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment