Tuesday, June 25, 2013

An Unexpected Yet Pleasant Occurence

Today we discussed movies and the messages they want you to get (and the ones they don't).

Pretty deep stuff.

I told my kids that my top 5 movies had to be:-

1. What Dreams May Come

2. The Sound of Music

3. Aliens

4. Man of Steel

5. Vampire Hunter D: BloodLust (if not Wall-E. This class is 6th grade so I threw Wall-E up there).

Then one of my kids, the Pastor's son, said that his favorite movie was Men of Honor. I wanted to grab him up and hug him for being mature enough (and versed in English enough) to enjoy that movie. Man...I cannot aptly explain to you the overwhelming pride and love that swelled in me when he said that....

I guess that fathers that are proud of their sons feel this way.

What an interesting feeling.

I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment