Yesterday, something was said about me by someone I now consider a good friend.
Something enlightening.
He said "Drama follows you around, but there's a reason for that".
I waited, with one eyebrow cocked, eager to hear how in God's name he'd clean that statement up.
He continued, "You're the kind of person that doesn't let real or perceived expectations inhibit the expression of your feelings. You don't feel like you have to restrict how you feel about things or expressing it. And some people can't deal with that. Therefore, you have drama".
I pondered his statement and...
1.) It's true.
and
2.) It makes me happy.
I have been through a lot (both internally and externally inflicted) and at this place in my life, I feel like I have the right to feel what I want and share that to whomever I please. If drama is a by-product, then so be it. I'm comfortable with this part of my self development and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Thanks Josh...for showing me how much I've grown.
No comments:
Post a Comment